Loved this recipe! I actually made mine without the rice and therefore reduced the spices. I just didn't have time to make the rice and if I make it again I still won't make rice unless I have more people over and just need to bulk it up. The salsa mixed with the fresh tomato and cilantro, for me, was what made this really good. I used fresh corn and my husband said he could taste the difference. Also, made a side of taco meat for those meat eaters in the house. Everyone loved it, even my one year old!
Vegetarian Taco Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Nobody will miss the meat in this colorful, zesty vegetarian taco salad. The rice and bean mixture can be made ahead and the salad quickly assembled at mealtime. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
47 Reviews for Vegetarian Taco Salad
Hubby has diabetes and rice really puts his blood sugar high, so I simply left it out and increased the corn a little. We thought it was great. Did not miss the meat at all. I always add salsa to my taco salads anyway and did the same for this. This will be a keeper.
This salad had great flavor. It took me a little longer to prepare than I had hoped for a weeknight meal but it was worth it. Its a little heavier than I has expected for a salad with all of the rice and beans which makes it nice for a fall/winter salad. I find it a little heavy for a summer salad. Very good & will make it again.
I will definitely being making this taco salad again it was so good.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)