This soup is delicious and easy to make! I used vegetable broth and kale rather than bok choy. I love someone's suggestion to drizzle chili oil on it - I'll be doing that tonight.
Vegetarian Hot Pot
Quick to prepare, this Asian-style noodle soup has all the makings of a one-pot meal. To punch up the heat, add a dab of chile-garlic sauce.
12 Reviews for Vegetarian Hot Pot
Thanks for this recipe. I love hot pots but can't always afford to go out to eat. I used vegetable broth because I am vegan, and today I added miso and nutritional yeast to my bowl at the end to fortify and yummify it even more! The best part? I now have a delicious and nutritious replacement for those crappy, MSG-filled, commercial ramen noodles that my son likes to take in his school lunches. He can take this instead, and heat it up at school.
I added more garlic, spice, and doubled the ramen noodles. I bet this recipe would be amazing with shrimp.
I added extra garlic (minced) to the broth, and we added raw peeled shrimp during the last step as we are not vegetarians. Better than expected! I have never had great luck cooking asian foods and this one will be a keeper!
We LOVE this recipe! I make it often - good thing it's really nutritious. We're eating it now, actually. I love to heap shredded carrot and copped green onions into the soup bowl and drizzle chili pepper sauce on top. I also save the sliced ginger that went in the soup stock in the beginning, chopping the softened ginger up and using it as another garnish. THANK YOU FOR THIS RECIPE!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)