Sure it would be great if your refrigerator was always stocked with fresh vegetables, but here's a recipe for when you're in a bind and need to turn to the freezer for a vegetable side dish. Both oyster sauce and hoisin are great in this recipe or go ahead and experiment with other prepared sauces from the Asian foods section of your supermarket. Chile-garlic sauce is one of our favorites.
- 1 16-ounce package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, or hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add stir-fry vegetables and cook, stirring often, until hot. Stir in oyster sauce (or hoisin sauce) and vinegar.
Per serving: 53 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 405 mg sodium; 213 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (90% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)