I made this last night with veggie (soy) sausage and it was sooooo good! Extremely filling and full of veggies, protein, and whole grains. I'll be making this again!
Vegetable & Sausage Skillet Supper
This satisfying supper is a great way to use up leftover rice and those pesky bits of leftover vegetables that always manage to clog the crisper. Serve with some grated cheese on top and some warm cornbread alongside.
5 Reviews for Vegetable & Sausage Skillet Supper
I absolutely love this dish. I made it for my parents (how don't like healthy food) and they loved it, didn't even know it was low-calorie. It could use a bit more flavor (like salt maybe) but other than that, it is so good and makes it easy to eat your veggies! I highly recommend it!
I followed the recipe exactly and the dish turned out to be very colorful. It was easy to prepare and very filling. It did, however lack flavor. I added seasoned salt, more oregano and cumin and some perfect pinch. I don't like spicy food, so I used very minimal hot sauce.
My boyfriend and I liked this quite a bit, though we thought it was lacking something. A little table salt helped, and I wouldn't recommend skipping the hot sauce. I think next time I will use more meat (I used Jennie-O turkey kielbasa, which I'm kind of addicted to), which may help impart more flavor.
I've made this dish several times with turkey or chicken sausage. It's easy to make and very filling. Tastes great!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)