I loved this soup! It is so easy to make and is so good! It was much better than regular chicken noodle soup - and I love the orzo in replace of the noodles. The only thing I had to do differently was too add more broth. I will be making it again soon
Vegetable Lover's Chicken Soup
Classic comfort food is yours, in just slightly more than half an hour. Serve with some crusty whole-grain bread and top with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
12 Reviews for Vegetable Lover's Chicken Soup
Delicious! I used chicken stock and some broth, and added more than it called for of stock/broth, orzo, and spices. I also added some fresh garlic and sauteed it with the zucchini. I spiced it with some pepper, garlic, and basil also.
A really tasty soup! Since i'm pregnant i took out the white wine but it still came out great. I do agree that it needs more broth. I boiled my own chicken to make the broth but i used double the amount it calls for. Of course i had to use more salt, but still kept the same amount of italian seasoning. I used 4 more ounces of chicken, added 1 more tblsp of orzo and used a large zuccini instead. My mother and bump loved it!
My mom and i thought this recipe was great. I'm pregnant so i had to leave out the white wine. I also boiled chicken to make a broth instead of canned. The first reader was right, you need the equivalent of two cans for it to be a soup. I added more salt because of this and i added 3 tblsp of orzo pasta instead. It came out great!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)