This vegetable fried rice was way better than the sum of its parts. I added a Poblano and a Serrano pepper because I had them and we like a little zip. This is really quick and my husband is looking forward to our leftovers for breakfast tomorrow. Yum!
Vegetable Fried Rice
From EatingWell: April/May 2006
Nothing could be easier than this light version of fried rice. We've used instant brown rice, but if you have leftover cold rice or can pick some up at a Chinese restaurant on the way home, use that instead and skip Step 1.
21 Reviews for Vegetable Fried Rice
This is deeeelish, thank you for sharing!
I'm only 14 years old so i am very happy that i found such a great recipe! I am pretty good at cooking but sometimes it gets so tiring, this recipe is a wonderful alternative to chinese takeout. it doesn't taste exactly like chinese fried rice, however it is still packed with flavor. i used uncle ben's ready rice and substituted olive oil for sesame oil. i also used sweet onions instead of scallions and it as great! this only took 25 minutes from start to finish so i would imagine that this would be a fast recipe for busy moms :)
It's pretty good. I usually add shrimp. Finish it off with a sprinkling of white pepper and a dash of sesame oil - you won't regret it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)