I added some extra grilled chicken I had on hand, reduced the cheese to just sprinkles on the top, used turkey bacon to reduce some of the fat, but not the flavor!!
Old-Fashioned Winter Vegetable Chowder
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
This wonderful winter vegetable chowder recipe is rich, filling and great for a winter supper. This winter vegetable chowder is full of potatoes, rutabaga and carrot, but other vegetables could be added, such as sauteed mushrooms or fennel, chopped tomatoes or cubes of roasted winter squash. This recipe makes more Cream Sauce without the Cream than you’ll need for the chowder. Refrigerate or freeze the extra sauce and use it in place of heavy cream in any sauce or soup that calls for cream.
2 Reviews for Old-Fashioned Winter Vegetable Chowder
this soup is hearty and just what I wanted for a cold day. With a vegetarian in the house I used veggie broth and skipped the bacon. Added some dried and fresh mushrooms which made it delicious.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)