Tzatziki Cucumber Dip
From EatingWell: September 1997
Yogurt cheese is the basis for this tangy cucumber dip. Serve with toasted pita triangles and fresh vegetables.
- 3/4 cup yogurt cheese, (see Tip)
- 2/3 cup peeled, seeded and shredded cucumber
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine yogurt cheese, cucumber, oil, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To make yogurt cheese: Line a colander with a large cotton towel or double thickness of cheesecloth, and place the colander in the sink. Add 1 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt. Let stand for 15 minutes then place the colander over a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours. Gathering the edges of the towel together, gently squeeze out any remaining liquid. Transfer the yogurt cheese to an airtight container. Makes 3/4 cup. Cover and chill for up to 1 week.
Per tablespoon: 8 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 55 mg sodium; 26 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September 1997
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)