Twice-Baked Potatoes with Horseradish & Caviar
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Twice-baked potatoes get an elegant treatment when spiked with horseradish and topped with a bit of caviar. If oven space is limited, these can be made in the microwave.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons caviar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes.)
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Place the skins in a small baking dish. Add 1/4 cup sour cream, milk, horseradish, chives, chopped dill, salt and pepper to the potato insides. Beat with an electric mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth; divide among the potato skins.
- Bake the stuffed potatoes until the filling is hot, 15 to 20 minutes. (Or microwave until hot, 2 to 4 minutes.)
- To serve, top each half with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon caviar and a dill sprig.
Tips & Notes
- Prevent burning: If your potatoes are very full, bake them on a foil lined baking sheet to prevent burning.
Per serving: 142 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 28 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 240 mg sodium; 565 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium & Vitamin C (17% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- November/December 2012