Twice-Baked Potatoes with Horseradish & Caviar
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Twice-baked potatoes get an elegant treatment when spiked with horseradish and topped with a bit of caviar. If oven space is limited, these can be made in the microwave.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons caviar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes.)
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Place the skins in a small baking dish. Add 1/4 cup sour cream, milk, horseradish, chives, chopped dill, salt and pepper to the potato insides. Beat with an electric mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth; divide among the potato skins.
- Bake the stuffed potatoes until the filling is hot, 15 to 20 minutes. (Or microwave until hot, 2 to 4 minutes.)
- To serve, top each half with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon caviar and a dill sprig.
Per serving: 142 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 28 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 240 mg sodium; 565 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium & Vitamin C (17% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2012