Twice-Baked Potatoes with Horseradish & Caviar
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Twice-baked potatoes get an elegant treatment when spiked with horseradish and topped with a bit of caviar. If oven space is limited, these can be made in the microwave.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons caviar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes.)
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Place the skins in a small baking dish. Add 1/4 cup sour cream, milk, horseradish, chives, chopped dill, salt and pepper to the potato insides. Beat with an electric mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth; divide among the potato skins.
- Bake the stuffed potatoes until the filling is hot, 15 to 20 minutes. (Or microwave until hot, 2 to 4 minutes.)
- To serve, top each half with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon caviar and a dill sprig.
Tips & Notes
- Prevent burning: If your potatoes are very full, bake them on a foil lined baking sheet to prevent burning.
Per serving: 142 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 28 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 240 mg sodium; 565 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium & Vitamin C (17% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- November/December 2012