Our slimmed down version of twice-baked potatoes make a sophisticated side dish or a meal on their own—paired with a simple green salad.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake potatoes. Halve lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
- Puree cottage cheese and egg yolk in a food processor. Add potato flesh, scallions, dill, salt and pepper; pulse until just blended. Mound filling into potato skins and place in a baking dish. Bake until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 182 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 430 mg sodium; 873 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Potassium (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour