Our slimmed down version of twice-baked potatoes make a sophisticated side dish or a meal on their own—paired with a simple green salad.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake potatoes. Halve lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
- Puree cottage cheese and egg yolk in a food processor. Add potato flesh, scallions, dill, salt and pepper; pulse until just blended. Mound filling into potato skins and place in a baking dish. Bake until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 182 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 430 mg sodium; 873 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Potassium (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour