Our slimmed down version of twice-baked potatoes make a sophisticated side dish or a meal on their own—paired with a simple green salad.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake potatoes. Halve lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
- Puree cottage cheese and egg yolk in a food processor. Add potato flesh, scallions, dill, salt and pepper; pulse until just blended. Mound filling into potato skins and place in a baking dish. Bake until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 182 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 430 mg sodium; 873 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Potassium (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch