From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Muesli mixed with yogurt and fruit packs in the nutrition and satisfies all morning long.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup diced banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened muesli (see Note)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Stir together yogurt, blueberries, apple, banana, muesli and honey (or maple syrup) to taste in a bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Note: Muesli is a combination of uncooked rolled oats, fruit, nuts and/or seeds popular in Switzerland. Look for it with other cereals or in the bulk section in well-stocked supermarkets or natural-foods stores.
Per serving: 291 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 60 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 7 g fiber; 96 mg sodium; 536 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Other European
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2010