From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Muesli mixed with yogurt and fruit packs in the nutrition and satisfies all morning long.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup diced banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened muesli (see Note)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Stir together yogurt, blueberries, apple, banana, muesli and honey (or maple syrup) to taste in a bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Note: Muesli is a combination of uncooked rolled oats, fruit, nuts and/or seeds popular in Switzerland. Look for it with other cereals or in the bulk section in well-stocked supermarkets or natural-foods stores.
Per serving: 291 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 60 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 7 g fiber; 96 mg sodium; 536 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Other European
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010