From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Muesli mixed with yogurt and fruit packs in the nutrition and satisfies all morning long.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup diced banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened muesli (see Note)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Stir together yogurt, blueberries, apple, banana, muesli and honey (or maple syrup) to taste in a bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Note: Muesli is a combination of uncooked rolled oats, fruit, nuts and/or seeds popular in Switzerland. Look for it with other cereals or in the bulk section in well-stocked supermarkets or natural-foods stores.
Per serving: 291 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 60 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 7 g fiber; 96 mg sodium; 536 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Other European
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010