From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Muesli mixed with yogurt and fruit packs in the nutrition and satisfies all morning long.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup diced banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened muesli (see Note)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Stir together yogurt, blueberries, apple, banana, muesli and honey (or maple syrup) to taste in a bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Note: Muesli is a combination of uncooked rolled oats, fruit, nuts and/or seeds popular in Switzerland. Look for it with other cereals or in the bulk section in well-stocked supermarkets or natural-foods stores.
Per serving: 291 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 60 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 7 g fiber; 96 mg sodium; 536 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Other European
- September/October 2010