Tuscan White Bean Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Peppery greens and garlic enliven a creamy white bean puree; serve with crostini or breadsticks, strips of red bell pepper and black and green olives.
- 1 16-ounce can white beans, such as Great Northern or cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula, or watercress
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine beans, oil, thyme, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl. Stir in arugula or watercress. Season with salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994