Tuscan White Bean Spread
From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Peppery greens and garlic enliven a creamy white bean puree; serve with crostini or breadsticks, strips of red bell pepper and black and green olives.
- 1 16-ounce can white beans, such as Great Northern or cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula, or watercress
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine beans, oil, thyme, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl. Stir in arugula or watercress. Season with salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994