i did this dish a little different than suggested; i used the marinade as specified and loved the flavors! i skewered the kebabs with green peppers and onion, then brushed the eggplant rounds with oil and grilled. i stacked them with fresh tomato & mozzarella rounds, topped with balsamic vinegrette, and served with basmati rice & sauteed mushrooms, onions & peppers. turned out great!
Turkish Lamb & Eggplant Kebabs
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
Here we combine baharat, a traditional Arabic spice blend, with olive oil, lemon, garlic and tomato paste to make it into a savory rub to flavor lamb-and-vegetable kebabs.
2 Reviews for Turkish Lamb & Eggplant Kebabs
I followed the recipe (really!) and the eggplant was dry and tasteless and a horrible texture. I've been an EW subscriber for years, we give it as Xmas presents, this is the first really bad recipe we've done! I've now added tomatoes, vegetable broth, and am turning the eggplants into a eggplant stew! So sad!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)