I made this tonight for my husband and myself, cutting the recipe in half but using 2 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar, a tad more shallot, and dried thyme and I omitted using the flour. My husband and I were speechless!! It was SO flavorful; sweet yet savory and a great dish!! It was incredibly easy to put together (came together from start to plate in about 35 minutes!) yet impressive enough for company. I served it with a brown/wild rice pilaf...a great meal! Don't expect the dish to look like the picture on the recipe, though; the blueberries burst open and don't keep their shape at all.
Turkey with Blueberry Pan Sauce
Blueberries have just the right mix of acid and pectin so that they're terrific in both sweet and savory dishes. They work especially well with thyme - so this easy turkey saute can be a delight whenever the berries are in season. To make this dish into a meal, dress some quick-cooking barley with lemon and pepper and offer steamed green beans on the side.
4 Reviews for Turkey with Blueberry Pan Sauce
My three year old gobbled this up!
I found that some additional chopped shallots and a touch more vinegar rounded out the sweetness of the blueberries a bit better for our personal taste, and overall it is a FANTASTIC recipe!
Very easy, tasty, good for company
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)