This soup is terrific...I used turkey sausage (cut into 2"in slices) and left over chicken breast...plus I had a bunch of butternut and cabbage from the garden...sooo yummy...the husband wants more!!!
Turkey & Squash Soup
This Southwestern-inspired turkey-and-squash soup gets a little kick from crushed red pepper and some zing from fresh lime juice. You can use leftover turkey or chicken (instead of the cutlets); dice it and add a few minutes before serving. Serve with cornbread.
17 Reviews for Turkey & Squash Soup
Excellent soup for the kids.
Just ate a bowl of this soup for lunch and it's fantastic. Followed the recipe with just a couple exceptions--had only one leek, so added about a half cup chopped onion to sub for the second, used leftover Thanksgiving turkey and garnished with some chopped fresh cilantro. It is so delicious and one of the best ever uses of leftover Thanksgiving turkey. The added bonus is that it's so healthy. I won't wait until next November to make it again--I'll use the cutlets next time. Highly recommend adding the cilantro if you like it, because it really adds to that southwestern flair.
This is my favorite recipe from Eating Well. Have made it often since it first came out in one of the magazines a couple of years ago!
I just made this recipe tonight. It is delicious. It a great soup to make for the fall. I improvised with ground turkey instead of cutlets. I browned it in a pan first and then added it to the soup. This recipe is easy. I will be making this one again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)