Turkey Scallopini with Hoisin-Orange Sauce
From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Lean turkey cutlets take only minutes to make. Add a simple pan sauce made from kitchen staples and dinner is ready in mere minutes. Make it a meal: Serve with brown basmati rice and steamed asparagus.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound turkey cutlets
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge turkey lightly in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey until the outside is slightly browned and the inside is no longer pink, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plates or a platter and keep warm.
- Add garlic and scallions to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add water, orange-juice concentrate, soy sauce and hoisin, bring to a boil, stirring. Spoon the sauce over the turkey.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Hoisin sauce is a dark brown, thick, spicy-sweet sauce made from soybeans and a complex mix of spices. Look for it in the Asian section of your supermarket and in Asian markets.
Per serving: 198 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 1 g fiber; 434 mg sodium; 111 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1991