Turkey Cutlets with Rhubarb Chutney
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Try rhubarb in this tangy chutney with golden raisins and fresh ginger, served with turkey. You can also pair the sauce with grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts or lean pork chops. Serve with: Whole-wheat couscous and steamed asparagus.
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (thawed and drained, if frozen)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 turkey cutlets (about 1 pound), 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rhubarb, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is soft and breaking down, 5 to 10 minutes more (it will take less time if using thawed frozen rhubarb). Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle turkey on both sides with salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until browned on both sides and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the turkey with the chutney.
Per serving: 294 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 16 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 2 g fiber; 206 mg sodium; 624 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrates, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2010