Turkey Cutlets with Rhubarb Chutney
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Try rhubarb in this tangy chutney with golden raisins and fresh ginger, served with turkey. You can also pair the sauce with grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts or lean pork chops. Serve with: Whole-wheat couscous and steamed asparagus.
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (thawed and drained, if frozen)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 turkey cutlets (about 1 pound), 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rhubarb, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is soft and breaking down, 5 to 10 minutes more (it will take less time if using thawed frozen rhubarb). Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle turkey on both sides with salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until browned on both sides and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the turkey with the chutney.
Per serving: 294 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 16 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 2 g fiber; 206 mg sodium; 624 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrates, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2010