I can only echo the comments of the first reviewed. I made a few changes to the recipe: I added minced scallions (because I had some in the frig), I omitted rosemary (because I hate it) and olives (ditto). My husband, who loves olives, ate them on the side. The jar of grape leaves had 44 leaves, I was able to make 32 grape leaf rolls, after I used the torn ones to line the bottom of the saucepan. Some of the larger leaves were torn, so I used pieces of other leaves to double wrap and cover the tears. We dipped them in plain Greek yogurt and had to stop ourselves from eating too many! They were that good. I'm looking forward to making them for guests and impressing them.
Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Grape Leaves
From EatingWell: May/June 2011
Anything but traditional, these grape leaves are stuffed with ground turkey and quinoa flavored with bits of sun-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon zest and plenty of herbs.
2 Reviews for Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Grape Leaves
Both my husband and 5 year old LOVED these! They are not hard to make, just labor intensive as the grape leaves are a pain to unravel. They tear easily and a fair number come out of the jar already unusable. I would probably make 1/2 a batch of the filling in the future as that's about how many grape leaves were usable AND I was super tired of being on my feet messing with grape leaves by then. That said, I will certainly make them again some time because they were delicious!! My husband and daughter both couldn't stop saying how good they are. I served them with fat free plain greek yogurt. Anything that gets such great reviews from the family gets 5 stars in my book!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)