Turkey Mini Meatloaves
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
While turkey can too often lend a depressingly gummy texture to meatloaf, we've improved on the standard by adding couscous, zucchini and lots of spices. The best thing of all? They cook in half the time of a full-size meatloaf and you can have leftovers for a sandwich the next day on toasted whole-grain bread.
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously spray a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Gently mix turkey, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, couscous, egg, Worcestershire, mustard, pepper and salt in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Equally divide the mixture among the muffin cups. Spread barbecue sauce on top of each loaf, if using.
- Bake until the meatloaves are cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165 degrees F, about 25 minutes. Let the loaves stand in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 196 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 95 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 3 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 432 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Selenium (24% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation