Turkey Cutlets with Sage & Lemon
Lean turkey cutlets are ideal for a quick saute. Here, a simple pan sauce with wine, sage and a whisper of butter delivers a luxurious finish. Serve with mashed winter squash and sauteed spinach.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Spread flour on a large plate. Cut several small slits in outer edges of the turkey to prevent curling. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly in flour. Discard any remaining flour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until golden outside and no longer pink inside, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Saute the remaining turkey in another 1 teaspoon oil until golden; transfer to platter.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and any juices accumulated from the turkey and simmer for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Serve, spooning the sauce over the turkey.
Per serving: 205 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 273 mg sodium; 358 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique