Turkey Cutlets with Sage & Lemon
Lean turkey cutlets are ideal for a quick saute. Here, a simple pan sauce with wine, sage and a whisper of butter delivers a luxurious finish. Serve with mashed winter squash and sauteed spinach.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Spread flour on a large plate. Cut several small slits in outer edges of the turkey to prevent curling. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly in flour. Discard any remaining flour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until golden outside and no longer pink inside, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Saute the remaining turkey in another 1 teaspoon oil until golden; transfer to platter.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and any juices accumulated from the turkey and simmer for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Serve, spooning the sauce over the turkey.
Per serving: 205 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 273 mg sodium; 358 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation