Turkey Cutlets with Sage & Lemon
Lean turkey cutlets are ideal for a quick saute. Here, a simple pan sauce with wine, sage and a whisper of butter delivers a luxurious finish. Serve with mashed winter squash and sauteed spinach.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Spread flour on a large plate. Cut several small slits in outer edges of the turkey to prevent curling. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly in flour. Discard any remaining flour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until golden outside and no longer pink inside, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Saute the remaining turkey in another 1 teaspoon oil until golden; transfer to platter.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and any juices accumulated from the turkey and simmer for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Serve, spooning the sauce over the turkey.
Per serving: 205 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 273 mg sodium; 358 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique