Turkey Cutlets with Sage & Lemon
Lean turkey cutlets are ideal for a quick saute. Here, a simple pan sauce with wine, sage and a whisper of butter delivers a luxurious finish. Serve with mashed winter squash and sauteed spinach.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Spread flour on a large plate. Cut several small slits in outer edges of the turkey to prevent curling. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly in flour. Discard any remaining flour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until golden outside and no longer pink inside, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Saute the remaining turkey in another 1 teaspoon oil until golden; transfer to platter.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add broth and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and any juices accumulated from the turkey and simmer for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Serve, spooning the sauce over the turkey.
Per serving: 205 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 273 mg sodium; 358 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry