Turkey, Corn & Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps for Two
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
Fresh corn kernels, tomatoes and lettuce fill these hearty turkey wraps for two. This wrap is great for picnics or when you need to have dinner on the run. Add some crumbled feta or shredded Cheddar for another layer of flavor. Serve with carrot sticks, sliced bell pepper or other crunchy vegetables plus your favorite creamy dressing.
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh (see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (see Shopping Tip)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 thin slices low-sodium deli turkey (about 4 ounces)
- 2 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Combine corn, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Divide turkey among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
- Shopping Tip: Look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) in the produce section of most supermarkets. If you can only find dry (and hard) sun-dried tomatoes, soak them in boiling water for about 20 minutes before using.
Per serving: 321 calories; 12 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 35 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 4 g fiber; 682 mg sodium; 325 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2011