Turkey, Corn & Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps for Two
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
Fresh corn kernels, tomatoes and lettuce fill these hearty turkey wraps for two. This wrap is great for picnics or when you need to have dinner on the run. Add some crumbled feta or shredded Cheddar for another layer of flavor. Serve with carrot sticks, sliced bell pepper or other crunchy vegetables plus your favorite creamy dressing.
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh (see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (see Shopping Tip)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 thin slices low-sodium deli turkey (about 4 ounces)
- 2 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Combine corn, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Divide turkey among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
- Shopping Tip: Look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) in the produce section of most supermarkets. If you can only find dry (and hard) sun-dried tomatoes, soak them in boiling water for about 20 minutes before using.
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if youâ€™re on the go. Thatâ€™s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.
Per serving: 321 calories; 12 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 35 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 4 g fiber; 682 mg sodium; 325 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2011