I halved the recipe because I used 1 can and switched out white onion with red onion. I used veganaise, the healthy alternative to mayo and it was delicious. I liked the lemon in it too.
In this updated tuna melt recipe, we go light on the mayo and top it with fresh tomato slices and shredded sharp Cheddar. This allows us to use considerably less cheese while ensuring that there’s great cheese flavor in each gooey bite of this healthy tuna melt recipe.
21 Reviews for Tuna Melt
16 year old here, this sandwich was super quick and easy to make. I had to sub out cheddar for mozzarella because i had none on hand (though I don't think i used enough). The only problem I have is that it seems that theres just a bit too much parsley in the recipe. If I make this again, I'll probably half or omit the parsley.
This was a great quick meal. Had to eat it like a pizza and got messy at times, but it tasted great and it was really easy to make.
I did not have any tomatoes so I used jarred roasted red peppers that I patted dry. We added extra Frank's red hot. Perfect for a snowy winter day with homemade tomato soup!
I can never find the whole wheat thick bread all these recipes call for, so I used Texas Toast from Trader Joe's. The Tabasco was an awesome way to spice things up, and I will use it going forward in my tuna salad! No shallots, and just a VERY tiny amount of lemon juice. I had cherry tomatoes, so I just cut them in half and used those. They were nice; you had a piece of tomato in every bite! Will definitely make this again! It's not just your regular ol' tuna sandwich.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)