My husband made this for our dinner tonight. OMG so goood! It will be made again and again in our house. Definitely a keeper.
In this updated tuna melt recipe, we go light on the mayo and top it with fresh tomato slices and shredded sharp Cheddar. This allows us to use considerably less cheese while ensuring that there’s great cheese flavor in each gooey bite of this healthy tuna melt recipe.
21 Reviews for Tuna Melt
I left out the lemon juice and instead of putting shallots in the tuna mix I put sliced onions on top before putting the tomatos on. OMG definitely will be making this again! Very yummy!
I didn't like it at all, It might have been the lemon juice. I couldn't even finish it and ended up eating something else.
Really good...although I might as well say I made up my own using the bascis from this recipe. I added celery and yellow pepper for crunch, color and health, green olives for flavor, lime juice instead of lemon, omitted parsley and finally added some flax seed oil...YUMMO =)
This was a GREAT recipe. I changed it up just a little however. I used 2 tbls lemon juice and only 2 tbls of low fat mayo. I then used cilantro in place of the parsley, using 2 tbls, and replaced the shallot with 3 tbls finely dice red onion. I also used 2 5 oz cans of Albacore tuna in water and in place of bread slices I used 2 of the Sala Lee Hearty & Delicious 100% Whole Wheat hamburger Buns. This made 4 servings and the calories per serving/each prepared bun half was only 188 calories vs. 252 calories. This was amazingly yummylicious and I will be eating it often. World be great as mini appitizers too!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)