Tuna & Bok Choy Packets
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
Steaming fish and vegetables together in a tin-foil packet is a great way to keep the tuna moist and have little to clean up. If baby bok choy is not available, use 8 cups chopped mature bok choy for this quick fish recipe.
- 1/4 cup horseradish mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 baby bok choy, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1 1/4 pounds tuna, wild salmon, mahi-mahi or cod, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Combine mustard, 3 tablespoons parsley, water and pepper in a small bowl. Toss bok choy, oil and 2 tablespoons of the mustard sauce in a large bowl.
- Cut four 20-inch sheets of foil. Arrange 2 bok choy quarters in the center of each piece, top with a portion of fish and 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce. Bring the short ends of foil together, fold over and pinch to seal. Pinch the side seams together to seal the packets and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake the packets until the fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes (depending on thickness). When opening a packet to check for doneness, be careful of the steam. Serve, sprinkled with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Tips & Notes
- For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
Per serving: 201 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 2 g fiber; 258 mg sodium; 1008 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (114% daily value), Vitamin C (63% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Iron (18% dv), Folate (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2013