Tuna & Bok Choy Packets
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
Steaming fish and vegetables together in a tin-foil packet is a great way to keep the tuna moist and have little to clean up. If baby bok choy is not available, use 8 cups chopped mature bok choy for this quick fish recipe.
- 1/4 cup horseradish mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 baby bok choy, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1 1/4 pounds tuna, wild salmon, mahi-mahi or cod, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Combine mustard, 3 tablespoons parsley, water and pepper in a small bowl. Toss bok choy, oil and 2 tablespoons of the mustard sauce in a large bowl.
- Cut four 20-inch sheets of foil. Arrange 2 bok choy quarters in the center of each piece, top with a portion of fish and 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce. Bring the short ends of foil together, fold over and pinch to seal. Pinch the side seams together to seal the packets and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake the packets until the fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes (depending on thickness). When opening a packet to check for doneness, be careful of the steam. Serve, sprinkled with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Tips & Notes
- For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
Per serving: 201 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 2 g fiber; 258 mg sodium; 1008 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (114% daily value), Vitamin C (63% dv), Potassium (29% dv), Iron (18% dv), Folate (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2013