Tropical Fruit Bars
Chewy pineapple and papaya, tart lime and sweet coconut combine in an exotic fruit bar.
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 3/4 cup chopped dried papaya
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-by-12-inch or 7-by-11-inch baking pan with cooking spray
- Whisk together flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk together brown sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and lime zest in another bowl until no lumps of brown sugar remain. Whisk in lime juice and milk. Add the dry ingredients, pineapple and papaya and stir just until combined. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle coconut over the top. Bake until golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Per bar: 192 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 122 mg sodium; 54 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique