Light and fresh, I did modify somewhat. I used pineapple instead of mango (had in fridge) and I added red bell pepper, a jalapeno and some shredded lettuce leaves to give it more bulk as there was plenty of dressing.....
Tropical Cucumber Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
Combine cucumber, avocado and mango with a salty-sweet dressing for a taste of the tropics.
6 Reviews for Tropical Cucumber Salad
Amazing! I couldn't get enough. This by far is probably one of the best recipes on here. A must try!!!
This salad was great and went well with the Ginger-Coconut Chicken recipe! I would peel the cucumber, don't like the thick peel.
I LOVE this salad! I added a bit more red pepper to spice things up a notch, but otherwise ran the recipe as is. If you are not going to serve it right away, I would suggest cutting the avocado and mango into larger pieces as they do tend to soften up a bit.
Asian-inspired taste and super easy to make. A hit at potlucks always!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)