Trio of Peas
Tart lemon and tarragon liven up this three-pea saute, terrific served with grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups frozen peas, (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add snow peas and sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in frozen peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and butter; season with salt.
Per serving: 111 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 127 mg sodium; 107 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique