Trio of Peas
Tart lemon and tarragon liven up this three-pea saute, terrific served with grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups frozen peas, (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add snow peas and sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in frozen peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and butter; season with salt.
Per serving: 111 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 127 mg sodium; 107 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable