Trio of Peas
Tart lemon and tarragon liven up this three-pea saute, terrific served with grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups frozen peas, (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add snow peas and sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in frozen peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and butter; season with salt.
Per serving: 111 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 127 mg sodium; 107 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable