Trio of Peas
Tart lemon and tarragon liven up this three-pea saute, terrific served with grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups frozen peas, (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add snow peas and sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in frozen peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and butter; season with salt.
Per serving: 111 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 127 mg sodium; 107 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable