Trio of Peas
Tart lemon and tarragon liven up this three-pea saute, terrific served with grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups frozen peas, (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add snow peas and sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in frozen peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and butter; season with salt.
Per serving: 111 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 127 mg sodium; 107 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable