Tossed Salad with Parmesan Vinaigrette
Parmesan cheese, wine vinegar and tea combine in a simple vinaigrette to dress your favorite combination of salad greens.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or orange pekoe
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Whisk together Parmesan, vinegar, oil, tea, garlic and mustard in a large salad bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add greens and toss to combine.
Per serving: 104 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 186 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Folate (32% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique