Tossed Salad with Parmesan Vinaigrette
Parmesan cheese, wine vinegar and tea combine in a simple vinaigrette to dress your favorite combination of salad greens.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or orange pekoe
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Whisk together Parmesan, vinegar, oil, tea, garlic and mustard in a large salad bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add greens and toss to combine.
Per serving: 104 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 186 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Folate (32% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less