Tossed Salad with Parmesan Vinaigrette
Parmesan cheese, wine vinegar and tea combine in a simple vinaigrette to dress your favorite combination of salad greens.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or orange pekoe
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Whisk together Parmesan, vinegar, oil, tea, garlic and mustard in a large salad bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add greens and toss to combine.
Per serving: 104 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 186 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Folate (32% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer