Tossed Salad with Parmesan Vinaigrette
Parmesan cheese, wine vinegar and tea combine in a simple vinaigrette to dress your favorite combination of salad greens.
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or orange pekoe
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Whisk together Parmesan, vinegar, oil, tea, garlic and mustard in a large salad bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add greens and toss to combine.
Per serving: 104 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 186 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Folate (32% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation