From EatingWell: December 1997
This layered enchilada-style bake can be made spicier with hot enchilada sauce and salsa.
- 1 16-ounce can fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped scallions, divided
- 1/4 cup green chile salsa
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, preferably jalapeño
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Combine beans, avocado, 1/2 cup scallions and salsa in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 3 tablespoons enchilada sauce over bottom of prepared pan. Place 1 tortilla over sauce. Spread tortilla with 1/4 cup bean mixture and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Continue layering sauce, tortillas, bean mixture and cheese, ending with a tortilla. Spread top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese and 2 tablespoons scallions.
- Coat a sheet of foil with cooking spray. Place foil, sprayed-side down, over the tortilla stack. Bake until heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges and serve, passing yogurt separately.
Per serving: 305 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 58 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 13 g fiber; 1343 mg sodium; 274 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (25% daily value), Iron (20% dv), Vitamins A & C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cinco de Mayo
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- December 1997