It’s definitely worth making your own corn tortilla chips—these low-fat baked tortilla chips have a more pronounced corn flavor than store-bought tortilla chips.
- 8 5- to 6-inch corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position racks in middle and lower third of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray and cut into quarters. Spread in an even layer on 2 large baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt. Bake, rotating the pans from top to bottom and stirring once halfway through, until the chips are golden and crisp, 14 to 18 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Per serving: 169 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 217 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cinco de Mayo
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)