Tortellini & Zucchini Soup
Everyone knows tortellini make a quick weeknight pasta dinner—but they also add substance that turns this quick, colorful vegetable soup into a meal. One caveat: Read the label carefully; avoid pasta products made with hydrogenated oils or unnecessary preservatives. Enjoy this soup with a slice of multigrain baguette and a spinach salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 9 ounces (about 2 cups) fresh or frozen tortellini, preferably spinach-&-cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; stir, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and just beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and zucchini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer until the tortellini are plump and the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 6 to 10 minutes. Stir vinegar into the hot soup just before serving.
Per serving: 203 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 400 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique