i gave this recipe 2 stars because it was very bland, but i guess thats what you get when you eat healthier foods.
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
This creamy tortellini and vegetable pasta is a real crowd pleaser. To make it even quicker, use frozen chopped vegetables instead of fresh. Serve with: A green salad and whole-grain baguette.
54 Reviews for Tortellini Primavera
We really enjoyed this dish, I think most kids would too, my teenager loved it. I used fresh chopped chives and a little fresh thyme from my garden for the sauce. I used fresh tortellini which worked fine. I used carrots, broccoli, snow peas, sugar snap peas, chopped spinach and frozen baby peas and I added them to the boiling water in that order, so everything stayed crisp tender. So easy to make! I will likely make this again and again.
This was really good. I used whole wheat flour and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. I also used 2 bags of cheese ravioli instead of the tortellini (winn dixie was out). My husband and I like meat with dinner so I did a quick batch of mini turkey meatballs and mixed that in too at the end. I will be making this again. I didn't use any salt and I used dried tarragon.
I thought this was wonderful...I used a fresh whole wheat tortellini as I could not find frozen....and I used the vegetables I had on hand to make 4 cups....and I used a combination of tarragon and chives...they were fresh out of my garden so I went a little heavier then called for......will be standard in my household because it was super easy to make...and it made a wonderful vegetarian entree
Enjoyed this recipe and can see there are many possibilities to vary the vegetables in season. I especially liked the fresh tarragon.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)