I made this for the first time because I wanted something that the adults would enjoy as well as the kids. I used whatever veggies I had - broccoli, matchstick carrots, peas, corn - and it turned out great. Even my son, who is a picky eater, gobbled this up. I will definitely make it again.
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
This creamy tortellini and vegetable pasta is a real crowd pleaser. To make it even quicker, use frozen chopped vegetables instead of fresh. Serve with: A green salad and whole-grain baguette.
54 Reviews for Tortellini Primavera
Tried this last night for the first time and I thought it was great. I used a fresh veggie mix that had baby carrots, baby zucchini, and sugar snap peas. I left the veggies in large bite sized pieces and only boiled them for 3 minutes which left them all very crisp.
We used Parmesan as opposed to Fontina and I would probably try Fontina next time. The Parmesan dominated the flavor a bit, but I think I used a bit too much (the Fontina amount instead of the Parmesan amount).
Overall, a great addition to my repertoire.
I get every single dinner recipe I make off this website, and this one has to be one of, if not the, easiest and quickest meals I've made so far. No, it's not really meatless (but I'm not really a vegetarian) but this recipe turns out so delicious and so satisfying, and it's a great way to get a whole lot of veggies. I like to choose different variations of frozen veggies to mix it up. I recommend using grated parmesan, not shredded, to avoid clumps of cheese.
This dish was good and I plan to make it again. I have already passed it along to my mother.
It looks tasty but it's not meatless, as the link I followed suggests, unless you switch out the broth.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)