From EatingWell: January/February 1995
Penne is the traditional pasta shape to serve with this mildly hot and smoky tomato-vodka sauce.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add Canadian bacon and cook, stirring, until lightly colored, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 more seconds.
- Add spaghetti sauce, vodka and crushed red pepper and stir until heated through. Serve over cooked pasta.
Per serving: 129 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 400 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1995
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)