From EatingWell: January/February 1995
Penne is the traditional pasta shape to serve with this mildly hot and smoky tomato-vodka sauce.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add Canadian bacon and cook, stirring, until lightly colored, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 more seconds.
- Add spaghetti sauce, vodka and crushed red pepper and stir until heated through. Serve over cooked pasta.
Per serving: 129 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 585 mg sodium; 400 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1995