Tomato Salsa Verde
This Italian-style fresh tomato-and-herb sauce, not to be confused with spicy Mexican salsa, is a nice alternative to a rich pan sauce. Although it's the perfect partner for Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Porcini Mushrooms, it works well with any roasted pork, chicken or grilled steak. For the best flavor and texture, serve it shortly after it's made.
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place anchovies, garlic, parsley, celery leaves and basil in a food processor. Add oil and vinegar; pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl and stir in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 73 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 74 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory