Tomato Salsa Verde
This Italian-style fresh tomato-and-herb sauce, not to be confused with spicy Mexican salsa, is a nice alternative to a rich pan sauce. Although it's the perfect partner for Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Porcini Mushrooms, it works well with any roasted pork, chicken or grilled steak. For the best flavor and texture, serve it shortly after it's made.
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place anchovies, garlic, parsley, celery leaves and basil in a food processor. Add oil and vinegar; pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl and stir in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 73 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 74 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique