Tomato Salsa Verde
This Italian-style fresh tomato-and-herb sauce, not to be confused with spicy Mexican salsa, is a nice alternative to a rich pan sauce. Although it's the perfect partner for Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Porcini Mushrooms, it works well with any roasted pork, chicken or grilled steak. For the best flavor and texture, serve it shortly after it's made.
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place anchovies, garlic, parsley, celery leaves and basil in a food processor. Add oil and vinegar; pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl and stir in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 73 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 74 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)